I realized recently that I have a major hole in my recipes on this site here, and that hole is where cookie recipes should be. In all the delicious things I have posted on this site, only 3 of them have been cookie recipes! This is a sad, sad shame that I am committed to change this year. Weight loss resolutions in 2015? No fun. Cookie resolutions in 2015? Heck yes.
These are a dense&chewy oatmeal cookie with flair. They are definitely not your traditional oatmeal cookie texture, as there are no raisins and they stick together a good deal more. They are made with mostly whole wheat pastry flour, which gives them extra nutrition withoutaffecting the flavor whatsoever. They are sweetened with maple syrup and brown sugar, and have a bit of vanilla for depth. I added some coarsely chopped hazelnuts and some white chocolate chips to finish them off, and holy. moly. These babies are darn tasty.
I wasn’t sure if AJ would like these at all because they are darn complex. He tends to like simpler things, like my Traditional Chocolate Chip Cookies. But before these had even cooled, he snatched one up and declared it delicious. For me, that is definitely considered #winning.
So, here begins the 2015 cookie challenge. What do you think, 10 new cookie recipes in one year? I could be known as the vegan cookie queen! It will just take a bit of dedication and the unfortunate necessity of eating a lot of cookies. Oh well, I guess I could do that for you guys. I’ll sacrifice. For you.
White Chocolate & Hazelnut Oatmeal Cookies (v)
A dense & chewy oatmeal cookie with white chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts. Sweetened with maple syrup. Delicious any time of year!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Combine the oats, flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Melt the coconut oil in a 2-cup measuring cup or medium bowl, then stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry, then mix until almost combined. Add the white chocolate chips and hazelnuts, then mix until combined. The dough will be rather stiff.
- Grab a chunk of the dough with your hands and press it into a ball. Place on the parchment-lined cookie sheet, then flatten a bit with your palm.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, until starting to brown on the bottom. Remove to a drying rack to cool. Enjoy!