– You can either let your butter sit out for an hour or two, or heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds.
– Aquafaba is the liquid from the top of a can of chickpeas. You can omit if you’re weirded out by it, just replace with an equal amount of almond milk and an extra Tbsp flax seed. The cake won’t rise quite as nicely.
– Use Meyer lemons if you can find them.
– I don’t recommend just using Pam for your pan – it’ll stick. Butter and flour the pan for best results.
– You can use a hand mixer for this. I don’t recommend creaming the butter and sugar with just a whisk since it’ll be difficult to beat enough air in, but you’re welcome to try.
– I recommend letting the cake sit for 24 hours before eating – the texture improves a bit.