Well hello there! I’m Emily from A Sweet & Sweaty Life and I am excited to be here today as the guest blogger while Raquel is off GETTING MARRRIEEEDDD!!! WHOOP WHOOP! Even though I am not married, I am deeply in love and it is the best feeling in the world! I can only imagine all the smiles and excitement that is surrounding Raquel right now! To Raquel: I hope you are enjoying every single second of this time, xoxo!
I like to show my love through the food I cook. I am that girl who loves having a nice meal ready when my boyfriend comes home from work. I usually like to make these meals on the healthier side, and after our tummies are full, we like to polish it off with a sweet! And let’s be real, even the healthiest of eaters crave a little sweetness every once in a while, right?! At least I know I do! A good meal isn’t complete without a little treat at the end! That is why I am presenting you with this healthy vanilla, almond, coffee chia seed pudding for two.
I first read about this idea while I was going through my favorite cookbook: “Feel Good Food” by the famous Giada. In her recipe, she makes hers with vanilla and chia seeds. I decided to make this pudding similar to Giada’s, but I added almond extract and cold press coffee. Coffee + vanilla + almond + coconut whipped cream = heaven! This the perfect treat that will leave you and your loved one feeling satisfied without the added guilt.
This chia seed pudding recipe is a delicious way to start the day - or finish the night! Topped with coconut whipped cream and fresh strawberries and almonds, this makes a delicious treat that's easy on the waistline.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or whatever milk you have on hand)
- 1/4 cup cold press coffee
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 can coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- strawberries, optional
- sliced almonds, optional
- Whisk all ingredients together until everything is well combined. Refrigerate overnight.
- For the coconut whipped cream, place coconut milk and powdered sugar in a bowl and use a electric mixer to mix it together.
- Continue to mix until the consistency of whipped cream is developed and you have stiff peaks.
- Top the pudding with the whipped cream and optional strawberries and almonds and enjoy!
- I used the So Delicious brand of coconut milk.
- One additional recommendation -- mix it all together! All of the textures and tastes mixed together makes for a glorious sensation in your mouth!