Mini Lasagna Cups
These mini lasagna cups are the perfect way to get lasagna flavors – without all the work! Ready to eat in less than 40 minutes, these can even be made on a weeknight. Vegan-friendly!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 cups / 4 servings
- 24 wonton wrappers (I used the Nosoya ones)*
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce or pesto (or both!)
- mozzarella cheese (use vegan mozzarella if necessary)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin with spray oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent and starting to brown, about 7-8 minutes. Stir in the oregano, thyme, and a pinch of salt.
- Lay two wonton wrappers on top of each other with one rotated 45° so that the corners are poking out from all around (does that make sense? ?). Place in a muffin cup and flatten it against the sides as much as you can. Repeat for all cups.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the mushrooms&onions to each cup, then top with a tablespoon of either marinara sauce or pesto. Sprinkle with a bit of the cheese on top, then bake for about 20 minutes, until the tips of the wonton wrapper are nicely browned and the cheese is melted.
- Let cool 8-10 minutes before serving – they’re hot!
– Many wonton wrappers have eggs. If you are vegan, look for the Dynasty brand, which makes an eggless variety, or look at your local asian market. You can also make your own!