Grilled Veggie Salad with Tahini Dressing
This Grilled Veggie Salad with Tahini Dressing is the perfect simple dinner to celebrate delicious veggies. A bit of couscous and some salad greens pull it together.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- ½ red onion
- 6 shoots asparagus
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ bag Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains Blend, cooked*
- 4 cups salad greens
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the Harvest Grains Blend or alternate grain according to package directions.
- While the grains cook, wash the veggies. Cut the bell pepper into roughly 6 chunks and slice the zucchini into ¼” strips. Peel the onion and slice into ¼” rounds, keeping all the layers together. Rinse the asparagus and tomatoes.
- Place a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray generously with oil and let the griddle heat up for a minute. Neatly place all the veggies except the asparagus on the griddle, overlapping them as little as possible.
- Cook about 7 minutes, until lightly charred. Flip each piece individually then add the whole asparagus. Cook another 7 minutes or so, tossing the asparagus every now and then, until everything is finished cooking. The bell peppers will still be a bit crunchy; you can continue to cook them as you like.
- As the veggies cook, mix together the ingredients for the dressing with a fork.
- Place the salad greens on a plate and top with a few spoonfuls of the grains. Top with the cooked veggies and finish with a drizzle of the dressing. Enjoy!
– Use 1 1/4 cups of another dry grain such as rice or farro if you prefer.