Chocolate & Marshmallow Covered Caramels
An easy recipe for chocolate & marshmallow covered caramels. A great way to use up those Cashew Cream Caramels you made a while ago! If you have any left, that is ;)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup (3 oz) chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup (2 oz) mini marshmallows
- 3 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 oz (about 1/3 cup, or 6 tootsie-roll sized [?] pieces) Cashew Cream Caramels
- Add 1 tsp water and the marshmallows to a medium bowl and mix well. Melt the marshmallows in 10-second intervals, stirring between each, until the marshmallows are fully melted. This should take less than 1 minute. Stir in 2 tsp of the coconut oil.
- Cut the caramels into bite-sized pieces (the exact size is up to you!). One-by-one, take each piece of caramel and dunk it in the melted marshmallow mix, turning it around until it is completely covered. Place on a piece of greased parchment. Repeat until you run out of either caramels or marshmallow, or both.
- Place the marshmallow-covered caramels in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to harden.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Melt in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring well between each interval, until the chocolate is completely melted. This should take no longer than 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tsp of coconut oil and mix well. Allow to cool enough so that you can handle it without burning yourself, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove one marshmallow-covered caramel from the parchment (you may have to peel it off a bit) and dip it in the chocolate. Turn it about until it is fully covered, then place on a new sheet of parchment. Repeat with all the caramels, then refrigerate for 15 minutes to harden. These are best stored in the fridge, as they tend to melt at room temperature. Enjoy!
-Find the caramels recipe at http://mycaliforniaroots.com/cashew-cream-caramels/